Graskop Gorge Lift
Graskop Gorge Lift Co promotes responsible tourism
With South Africa being placed under adjusted level 3 lockdown, Graskop Gorge Lift Co remains open. A Covid-19 policy is in place – in line with national directives – and will be strictly enforced.
- Entrance will be limited to 200 people at any one time
- Covid monitors are on site to enforce social distancing
- Single point of entry. Temperatures and hand sanitising will take place
- Visitors and staff must wear masks at all times while on the premises
- Frequent hand sanitising. There are hand sanitising stations around the premises
- No alcohol allowed on the premises.
Please observe our Covid-19 policy and enjoy the beauty of the Graskop Gorge safely and responsibly
Now incorporated into the Graskop Gorge Lift Centre, the Big Swing is the world’s highest cable gorge swing.
The experience is very different to a bungee-jump because participants are strapped in an upright position in a full safety harness. Being upright enables them to enjoy the magnificent views – that is if they can keep their eyes open as they do a 70-metre freefall at 140km/h in under three seconds.
If participants need to hold someone’s hand when they jump, they can choose the tandem option.
Once their hearts have stopped racing after their jump, participants get to immerse themselves further in the spectacular scenery of the gorge, waterfall and forest as they climb over 400 stairs back to the top.
Visitors to the centre who still want to get their hearts racing but who think the Big Swing is too extreme for them, can fly across the gorge on a 130m high-wire zipline.