Graskop Gorge Lift
The viewing lift takes visitors 51 metres down the face of the gorge into the forest below, where wooden walkways & suspension bridges meander along a 600 metre trail through the indigenous forest with interactive exhibits.
- 240 tons of concrete in the foundation
- 88 tons of steel in the shaft
- Lift was manufactured by Otis
- The distance from the base to the top of the shaft is 60m
- The total travel distance in the lift is 51m
- The lift travels at 1m/s and takes one minute to go down.
- ONLY the front of the lift is glass from waist height upwards