Graskop Gorge Lift
Lift will close for maintenance on 26/27 November 2018
Access to Gorge via stairway. Restaurant, retail and Craft centre open
The viewing lift takes visitors 51 metres down the face of the gorge into the forest below, where wooden walkways & suspension bridges meander along a 600 metre trail through the indigenous forest with interactive exhibits.
- 240 tons of concrete in the foundation
- 88 tons of steel in the shaft
- Lift was manufactured by Otis
- The distance from the base to the top of the shaft is 60m
- The total travel distance in the lift is 51m
- The lift travels at 1m/s and takes one minute to go down.
- ONLY the front of the lift is glass from waist height upwards